Re: enable searching East Asian words at search.debian.org

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 08:06:32AM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
[...]
> However, if you would like to supply translated search pages (though
> I think it is not an urgent problem), I just read the
> webwml/english/searchtmpl/Makefile and found that
> `grep CHARSET ../.wmlrc` might have a problem.  webwml/japanese/.wmlrc
> have two lines which matches 'grep CHARSET', which are
> '-D CHARSET=iso-2022-jp' and '-D CHARSET_WML=euc-jp'.

Yes, I fixed it yesterday.
My understanding of Josip mail is that when investigating your
instructions about mnogosearch, he wondered how input text has
to be encoded when filling search form.  This is a good question,
search page should tell which encoding to use when searching for
non-English words.

Denis