Re: Search for `Debian' gives EFF as top hit ?

* Adam DiCarlo <adam@onshored.com> [2003-04-16 09:43]:
>  PageRank relies on the uniquely democratic nature of the web by using
>  its vast link structure as an indicator of an individual page's
>  value. In essence, Google interprets a link from page A to page B as
>  a vote, by page A, for page B. But, Google looks at more than the
>  sheer volume of votes, or links a page receives; it also analyzes the
>  page that casts the vote. Votes cast by pages that are themselves
>  "important" weigh more heavily and help to make other pages
>  "important."
>
> So I'm saying perhaps EFF has more votes then Debian does.

 Yes, I was refering to that too, and again:  What in this paragraph
makes you think that eff should be associated with the word _Debian_?
The only thing that I can think of why a link to the eff could be
a vote for eff as the debian search result is when someone does an
doubt.

 So, please, again: What makes you think that those casted votes for the
eff site are in connection with Debian?  I can't see any connection
here.

 Hope that I was clear this time,
Alfie
--
[It is] best to confuse only one issue at a time.
                                  -- K&R