Re: Why no /CD/ link on / ?!

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 09:32:56PM +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:
> I only noticed recently that the link to /CD/ (under "Getting Debian" in
> the left-hand navigation) is gone from the main page. It has been replaced
> by a link to /distrib/cd, which gives a subset of the information on /CD/
> and then links to sub-pages of /CD/, for example to /CD/jigdo-cd/.
>
> I must say I'm a little irritated by this, since I invested a lot of
> thought into designing a /CD/ which IMHO provides all the information in an
> easily parseable way and _in_one_place_.
>
> Whoever changed the links on the main page seems to think that /CD/ sucks
> badly, since they removed all links to it and "replaced" it with
> /distrib/cd. Please explain!

Yeah, we're all out to get you.

Now that we have that out of the way, let me just say that the /CD/ page
was reportedly too crowded and too out of sync with the rest of the web
site, so I wrote /distrib/cd to complement the main page and the /distrib/
page.

In fact, I purposely didn't touch /CD/ because I was afraid you'd throw a
hissy fit if I did!

> PS: I only noticed this after getting a mail from a frustrated CD
> downloader who complained about the site structure.

Please forward that mail. By the looks of it, they must be on some serious
crack.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.