Re: Debian CGI scripts

[cross-posting to -devel because there may be some more hidden scripts]

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 12:18:53PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 05:53:38AM +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > I've been searching for the cgi.debian.org script sources on the cvs
> > repos modules, all packages contents and google but could not find
> > anything.
> >
> > Can someone tell me where are the sources? Maybe I've forgetten some
> > obvious place?
>
> Those four scripts aren't in any CVS. redirect.pl is trivial, searchlists is
> something from glimpse sources I hope, submit_mirror.pl is somewhat tedious
> but also trivial to rewrite, and subscribe.pl isn't too difficult either.

The searchlists script is in the lists-archives package.

> If you really need any of those, feel free to ask,

I don't need them badly :>, but while lurking through the debian
publicly available internal infrastructure got curious to be able
to see the code and wondered why the scripts were not public, and
if backups were made of them.

Do anyone know if there are more programs that are not public, or
backups not being made of them?

I suppose some of those may be trivial to write but if another accident
happens (remembering satie) and there are a lot of those trivial programs
it may get hard to recover fast or entirely.

> but on the appropriate
> mailing list. Decyphering which mailing list would be appropriate for
> something related to the Debian web site is left as an exercise to the
> reader.

Oh sorry about that, I felt that more infrastructure may not be public,
may be interesting for people without access to the debian machines,
and for restoring purposes.

So can the web team commit these scripts to cvs, please?

kind regards,
guillem