Encoding of db.debian.org page

Hi,

I found that http://db.debian.org/ is written in ISO-8859-1, as
the page says:

   <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

I hope it were UTF-8, if the backend database is working on UTF-8
or other encodings of Unicode.  It will enable users to input UTF-8
characters in the web forms and developers can store their names in
their own native expressions.  (In such a case, Debian developer
database should have additional items of ASCII expressions of their
names, because I cannot read or even input from keyboard Arab or Thai
characters.)

Please note I don't know about database nor I have no experience using
database.