Re: state of the cdrom mirrors report

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 12:33:55PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> (Wouldn't it be great if the underlying issue was fixed and we could
> simply email mirror maintainers telling them what to do and simply
> delist their CD mirrors if they don't do that...)

I think we should "actively encourage" a uniform directory structure
for CD mirrors, yes. This should even be true for certain mirror
admins who put Debian images alongside other ISOs in the same dir. ;-P

Both the HTTP and FTP image checks would then be very easy: Just try
to download the first few bytes of the images!

The mirror check script could obtain the current list of images from
the CD master mirror and then simply precede each .iso name with the
base URL of the mirror.

Cheers,

  Richard

--