Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 09:23:43PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Nov 30, Nick Phillips <nwp@nz.lemon-computing.com> wrote:
>
>  >I'm with Joey on this; last time I tried to find Debian .iso images, it
>  >was a nightmare. In fact I couldn't find an official woody iso anywhere.
> This is the way of mirror operators to tell you that you should really
> use jigdo or even better the mini-images.

If there are to be no .iso images anywhere (which would suck), then it
should say in big letters that there are no iso images anywhere.

There are times when a .iso really is what you need, and when those
times come, it really sucks badly to force people to search through a
whole list of "mirrors" that are in reality nothing of the sort and
most of which don't have what you need (and what our pages say they have).

:-/

But joeyh appears to be on the case, so I am confident that the situation
will be rectified before too long...

:)

Cheers,

Nick
--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
It may or may not be worthwhile, but it still has to be done.