Re: security support of the testing distro

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 10:48:55PM +0100, Marcel Kolaja wrote:
> on http://www.debian.org/releases/ I can read:
>
> The ``testing'' distribution contains packages that haven't been accepted
> into a ``stable'' release yet, but they are in the queue for that. The
> main advantage of using this distribution is that it has more recent
> versions of software, and the main disadvantage is that it's not
> completely tested and has no official support from Debian security team.
>
> Is it really still true, testing has no support from Debian security team?
> Is it bug on the web or is it true? Always when some security problem
> appears, the security team builds the fixed package against testing too.

That's just because they're benevolent, or because _someone_ is benevolent,
anyway. The security team has said explicitely that they are not committing
to supporting the "testing" distribution (as in promising to release all of
their DSAs for testing) and to our knowledge, that decision still stands.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.