Re: problem finding "free" os download

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 08:17:09AM -0800, carolyn hunter wrote:
> I've spent one and one half hours scouring your web pages, looking to
> download your so called free OS.
>
> I'm 64 years old and don't have that time to spend on futile searches.

http://www.debian.org/
Click "Getting Debian"
Click "mirrors" link
Click "CD images download page" link
Click "Download CD images using HTTP or FTP" link (or the http_ftp
button).
Note: you can get this far by going to google and typing
"debian cd download", chose link #2
Choose a site, for me I'd choose ftp.au.debian.org because its close to
me.
Click "3.0rev0" link
Click "i386" link
Download the ISO images.

Sure is, http://www.debian.org/intro/free

> and if it is....where can i download it?
See amove

> I've been all over the map...trying to get a download site that has it but
> all i seem to get back to is the click and add to an already existing linux
> os( previous loaded on a Wal-Mart computer.
Did you go to the site map? "getting Debian" section has a link that
says "Downloading Debian CD images via HTTP/FTP"

> I'd like to try your os on my aged computer, 1998, but can't find a plain
> old, simple, free trial sample download, for a dial up account, with a
> current windows os.although i seem to find it, and when i read the fine
> print, it's for a computer that's PRE_LOADED already, from Wal-Mart, etc.
For a dial-up account, I'd strongly recommend you use one of the CD
vendors which are found at http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors as you'll
find it at lot easier.  I just checked one vendor and they sold the
entire 7 CD set for 21.75 US dollars.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/                <csmall@enc.com.au>