Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by joey: webwml/english/template/debian/weeklynews foot ...

Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 05:29:43AM -0700, Debian WWW CVS wrote:
> > CVSROOT:	/cvs/webwml
> > Module name:	webwml
> > Changes by:	joey	02/11/10 05:29:43
> >
> > Modified files:
> > 	english/template/debian/weeklynews: footer.wml
> >
> > Log message:
> > 	This finally adds support for per-user editor lists.
>
> I fail to see why this is an improvement, translators have now to modify
> this file instead of their own PO files.

It's a rather large improvement.  The DWN people now have a chance to
specify the list of editors on a per-issue basis without having to
edit the default in the footer.wml file causing *all* DWN issues to be
rebuilt at the next run.  This will start with Tuesday's issue.

> One of the main goal of gettextization is to move l10n stuff away from
> english/template/debian/ to language specific location.

I asked for a solution for this and was told to fiddle with it on my
own.  Hence, please leave it that way or provide a better solution.

Building plural forms for names may be different for different
languages so probably can't be done 100% separated between programming
and templates.

Regards,

	Joey

--
If nothing changes, everything will remain the same.  -- Barne's Law