Re: Build-depends missing from packages.d.o

* E.L. Willighagen <egonw@sci.kun.nl> [2002-11-08 11:10]:
> On Friday 08 November 2002 10:47, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>> * E.L. Willighagen <egonw@sci.kun.nl> [2002-11-08 10:36]:
>> > The packages.d.o pages do not mention on which a package build-depends...
>>
>>  That's not exactly true:  There are three links for the source package
>> there.  If you take a look at the first one, the [dsc] file, it contains
>> the Build-Depends: information.
>
> Yes, but that is not really on the same page, is it?

 No, it's not.  But the same page is about the *binary* package, not the
source package.

> ... I would like to see presented on the same page, with the same
> format as the normal dependencies... Maybe even in the same list, with
> a new icon... yellow bar or something like that...

 I don't really see any real help in there.  If you want to compile the
source package you have to grap the source files anyway, and there you
are right at the correct place for that informations.

 What you are suggesting is to mix binary package informations with
source package informations, that would simply confuse the users.  What
could be possible is to maybe do source package pages, too.  But I
personally don't see much benefit from that, usual users just need the
binary packages, others usually are smart enough to read the source
package dsc-file.

 Have fun,
Alfie
--
"Der Ton im Usenet ist häufig kürzer angebunden als im täglichen Leben,
denn Tippen geht langsamer als Reden. Daher fallen Höflichkeitsflos-