Re: Language problems on the site

On Lun 30 Sep 2002 15:16, Thomas Hoyt wrote:
> Hi, guys,
>
> I'm an American living in Japan, so, when the website pops up in Japanese,
> annoying as it is, I understand.  However, after I go to the bottom of the
> page and select English, it would be nice if the next page came up in
> English as well.  I know, click on "How to set the default document
> language," then go down and click on English again and follow the
> directions.  I appreciate your problems as internationalized web designers,
> but could it be made a little easier for some guy up late at night just
> trying to figure out what Debian is?

	The web server is doing content negotiation. It's the best, easier and more
portable way to have internationalized pages. If such feature (yours) has to
be added, the server should maintain either your session ID or a cookie in
your machine. None of the options is good for us.

	I don't think that clicking on two aditional links were so hard. :-) In fact,
you set up your browser for Debian and many other sites doing content
negotiation (like Google). So be happy!

	Regards,

		Ender.
--