Re: About Release of Debian 3.0

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 02:50:24AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> The "web team" took it upon themselves to update the web pages earlier
> than was desirable.

Really? I got on IRC late Friday (EDT) and everyone was screaming that
the web pages needed to be updated because the release had already
happened. The announcement had already gone out so I started updating
the site.

Now, if you simply mean that the announcement to debian-announce went
out early then that is a different story. I would hope that an
announcement on debian-announce actually means something.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org