Re: New deb mother tongue?

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 15:54:45 -0400
"James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org> wrote:

> Actually, the pages now generate en-us and en-gb variants (using
> symbolic links). As long as the web server is configured for those
> variants, that problem goes away. www.debian.org has those variants
> configured but I can't vouch for the other mirrors.

With Mozilla and Opera set to 'en-US' as the only preferred language, I
too get the Portuguese version at http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/,
whereas the symbolic links works on e.g. http://www.debian.org/doc/ and
the main page.

When using the Danish, German and British mirrors instead of the main
site, with the same browser setup, I get the English version of the New
Maintainers' Guide.

Replacing 'en-US' with 'en' solves the problem.

I shouldn't be behind a transparent proxy.

> Thus, I suspect that Robin has Portuguese set as the preferred language
> or is behind a broken proxy.

In a private e-mail Robin Rowe told me that his browser only had "en-US"
as the preferred language, and that it was the browser's default setting.

--
Regards, Kaare - <http://www.nightcall.dk/>