Re: speeding up build by eliminating redundant compiles

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 12:54:31PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
[...]
> It cuts down on time, but it still takes lots of it. On a lot of pages, we
> don't have any use for mp4h's <stuff> other than in the header and in the
> footer.

Ok, I misunderstood your point.  This problem seems quite hard, since
headers and footers are not constant.  I will think about it later.

Mp4h is indeed awfully slow, this issue is on my TODO list for a while now,
but could not find time to work on it.  I just added some <protect>
tags in countries.wml and language_names.wml in order to reduce mp4h input.

Denis