Re: Small correction to security pages

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 11:52:09AM +0200, Morten Brix Pedersen wrote:
> At http://www.debian.org/security/, the suggested security line to add
> to sources.list points at 'potato'. Shouldn't this point at 'stable'
> instead?

It should be consistent with the other lines in your
sources.list.  That is, if it already references stable, the
security line should also.  Likewise if it references potato.

If only the security line references stable, woody security
updates will be installed on potato systems after woody is
released.  If only it references potato, then new security
updates will not be installed after the release.

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 12:14:05PM +0200, Noel Koethe wrote:
> shouldn't we change the "potato" in the apt line on this
> page to "stable", so we don't have to change it every release?

I've changed it to use `<current_release_name>', but this
doesn't address the above concern.

Matt