Re: the top logo .jpg -> .png?

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 03:10:37PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> > Are there any objections to making all the web pages use the PNG version?
>
> Why not start by converting one image to see how it goes?

One image? This is one image, s/openlogo-nd-50.jpg/openlogo-nd-50.png/

> > BTW I'll think about converting the "debian" text at the top to PNG, too.
> > Its fuzziness doesn't look nearly as bad as the one on the swirl, but we
> > would still probably gain a bit on the file size if it's done properly.
> > Now if only I could figure out how to add transparency with Gimp...
>
> Isn't lack of transparency support for png one of the reasons we put the
> switch off?

No, it was the lack of support for PNG's transparency in Netscape 4.
But anyway, transparency would be just an added bonus for _these_ images,
because their background is white and the page background is also white.
The transparency is a (small) issue with the navbar images only.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.