Re: new front page, take 2.5

Josip Rodin wrote:
> Mostly for the yellow+black haters. :)

Much much better. I actually like this one.

Have you thought about dropping the cyan backgrond box with the round
corners? As it is it's boxes inside the cyan box all inside my mozilla
window, which is really a bit complicated when you think about it. That
thing also eats vertical and horizontal space. And IMHO the color
clashes with the rest of the colors on the page (I think the same thing
about the existing cyan box on the current debian web page.)

Hmm, here's a layout idea. What if you took the quick links, news, and
help debian, and arranged them like this:

Quick Links          News
------------------   ---------------------------------------------------
------------------   ---------------------------------------------------
------------------   ---------------------------------------------------
------------------   ---------------------------------------------------
------------------   ---------------------------------------------------
------------------   ---------------------------------------------------
------------------   ---------------------------------------------------
------------------
------------------   Help Debian
------------------   ---------------------------------------------------
------------------   ---------------------------------------------------
------------------   ---------------------------------------------------
------------------   ---------------------------------------------------
------------------   ---------------------------------------------------

I notice that the News and Quick links boxes are already not as wide
as the rest of the page, so this layout shouldn't affect them much, I
hope. And the links is dying to become a vertical bar, and at the same
time this doesn't cut down on the page width for the larger boxes at the
top of the page.

I think you should make the layout and format of the dates in the news
and upgrade sections more homogenoius. Any reason to have [] around the
dates in one and not the other? Any reason not to use the same font for
both sets of dates?

--
see shy jo