Re: /ports/powerpc/inst/booting-ch*.wml

* Chris Tillman <tillman@azstarnet.com> [2002-01-28 19:19]:
> Please cc, I'm not on this list.
>
> Well, the original was indeed in sgml. I manually made changes to the
> generated html to make it wml, because I thought that would be
> required to go on the website.

 When you update the files - will you do that in sgml or directly in the
wml files?

 I think I was quite unclear in what I wanted to say: If you do maintain
these files in sgml it would be good to have this sgml (and your scripts
to produce the wml out of it) available for translation.

 If on the ohter hand you dropped the sgml now and maintain the files
only in wml it's perfectly o.k. with me to translate the wml files
directly.

> I don't have any objection to putting it in cvs, but OTOH I don't
> expect it to be updated very often.

> You mean if it goes in cvs as sgml it can be auto converted to wml?

 Have you done scripts for that already? Or did you do it manually and
plan to do that again in the future? If you do the second I don't think
it's needed to have the sgml available.

 On the other hand with the sgml it would be possible to produce
different formats of it. Don't know if that's needed or useful on the
other hand.

 It's your decision :)
Alfie
--
linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
(ksh@cis.ufl.edu put this on Tshirts in '93)