Re: What's the best way to pull a package from unstable to a Woody system?

--- Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com> wrote:

> > > Package: *
> > > Pin: realease a=unstable
> > > Pin-Priority: 50
> > >
> > > That way you can apt-get anything from unstable whenever you want it.
> >
> > How, in that scenario, does one cause something to be gotten from
> unstable,
> > rather than stable?  And vice versa?
> > Ie, what specific apt-get command would be used?
>
> # apt-get install packagename/unstable
>
> This get package from unstable.  If some dependency requitres another
> package from unstable, list that package too.
>
> "--target unstable" also exists but I never used. Read "man apt-get"!
>
> Also document installed by "apt-howto" are useful.
>
> Oh, my web page below also has some hints.  Cheers :)
> +  My debian quick-reference, http://qref.sourceforge.net/quick/      +

ThankS!

I found your quick reference very informative also!  That document should
definitely be linked from http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp under the
users manuals section.

You should definitely email the Debian web maintiners,
http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2002/debian-www-200201/threads.html
and request that your document be put onto the Debian website, and
have a link put on that page.  You have my support for so doing.

Also, I ran across the "apt-howto" earlier today, and that also ought
to be linked from the same place.  (I'll have to email that person
also with the same suggestion.)

Hey, debian-www folks:

Can you get those two docs up on the DDP page, without me having
to create a wishlist bug?