Re: http://www.debian.org/mirrors/official_sponsors

        Hi!

 Doh - silly me, just sent it to Josip personally....

 Ben, I Cc:ed you for I think this might be a libc6 bug - please tell me
if I should submit a bugreport about this or if I am interpreting it
wrong...

* Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> [2002-01-23 11:06]:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 10:04:43AM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>> even the server-List at the top of each page (which in contrary to this
>> very list lists Österreich as the last entry :-/ ).
>
> Are you sure you set up the locale variables properly in your .wmlrc?
> It works for other languages...

 Yes, I checked that now:
-D CUR_LANG=German
-D CUR_ISO_LANG=de
-D CHARSET=iso-8859-1

 Maybe something else is needed?  How is that used?  I'll try to dig
that....

 Uhm - I found maybe where the proble might be:

alfie@asgard:~/tmp/foo$ LC_COLLATE=C ls
Niederlande  Polen  Österreich
alfie@asgard:~/tmp/foo$ LC_COLLATE=de ls
Niederlande  Polen  Österreich
alfie@asgard:~/tmp/foo$ LC_COLLATE=de_DE ls
Niederlande  Österreich  Polen

 It might be needed for the correct sorting that we use de_DE instead of
simply de somewhere.  Or do you think this might be a bug in the libc6?

 Ben, I'm not that familar with the libc6 code and don't know if that is
wanted behavior - but I guess this might be a bug...  Please share your
opinion on this with us...

> Basically what we would need here is passing the language variables on to
> mirror_list.pl and having it output a different list based on the language.

 Simply CUR_ISO_LANG for LC_COLLATE seem to be too less for the sorting
here correctly *hmm*

 Would be great if someone tells me that I should file a bugreport
against locales (or libc6) about that....

> Or alternatively move the whole functionality from it into a <perl> block of
> the official_sponsors.list WML file, but I don't know how smart it would be
> to duplicate all that. Perhaps with help of other WML passes it can be done
> with less code (and less duplication).

 I'm always for reducing duplicates.

 So long,
Alfie
--
<DeVries> Wann kommt Debian3.0? Jemand n ungefähres oder genaues Datum parat?
<@Alfie> DeVries: Wenn es fertig ist.