Re: http://www.debian.org/mirrors/official_sponsors

* peter karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se> [2002-01-22 17:55]:
> Could something be done about the country list on this page? It is
> sorted backwards for Swedish (Austria in Swedish is Österrike and Ö is
> the last letter of the Swedish alphabet), which makes it look really
> ugly.

 I noticed that too, Österreich is also the first in the list on the
german page.  Where in the german alphabeth the Ö should be sorted next
to O.  Is there some sort of locale handling we can insert into this?

 I guess that the list is perl-generated - maybe we should switch to
locale-sorting, like pointed out in the perllocale manual page:

{
        use POSIX qw(locale_h);
        my $old_locale = setlocale(LC_COLLATE);
        setlocale(LC_COLLATE, "de_DE.ISO8859-1");
        use locale;
        # do the sorting in here
        setlocale(LC_COLLATE, $old_locale);
}

 It is needed to do it in a block to not let the use locale escape.
Something like this should be possible for all the lists that are used -
even the server-List at the top of each page (which in contrary to this
very list lists Österreich as the last entry :-/ ).

 If someone can tell me in which files this should be entered I can do
it - but I think it would be better if one with a full checkout can try
it (I have only german and english on my disk).

> Same goes with other pages that include auto-generated country lists.
> The mirror list on the top-right of all pages do sort properly, so it
> shuld be possible to fix.

 Does it correct for you - it's not really correct :)

 HTH,
Alfie
--
    - The horrible, ugly, terrible, never-should-have-happened-in-a-megayear
    bug which caused most line-entries to crash has been fixed.  Mea culpa.