Re: ” replacement broken

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 01:08:38PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 11:29:37AM +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:
> > Unfortunately, Netscape 4 doesn't understand ” and friends.
> > :-/ A workaround is to use content='...' (or make the rewrite
> > replace ” with " everywhere).
>
> Which reminds me, we need to change that damn log file to see how
> many Netscape 4s are still out there...

I'd be interested to know that! It's still _my_ primary browser -
Mozilla and Konqueror are just so slow and memory-hungry.

> I changed the webalizer stats recently to exclude the PNG images,
> and now the top forty list is much more interesting. The new CD page
> is getting a shitload of attention, which is very good, but the
> CD/http-ftp page is the next in line which isn't very good.

That depends on your point of view! :) All the people that now look at
that page have previously been wandering all over the website in
search of it, and maybe installed RH in the end because they didn't
manage to download CD images.

If there is demand for it, it's good that it exists now. I just hope
that enough people can be persuaded to use a jigdo GUI app instead,
once that is finished... :-/

Cheers,

  Richard

--