Re: ” replacement broken

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 11:29:37AM +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:
> > Gnome">
> >
> > Not very good... Can we please disable this rewrite (and the related
> > ones)?
>
> Unfortunately, Netscape 4 doesn't understand &rdquo; and friends. :-/
> A workaround is to use content='...' (or make the rewrite replace
> &rdquo; with &quot; everywhere).

Which reminds me, we need to change that damn log file to see how many
Netscape 4s are still out there...

I changed the webalizer stats recently to exclude the PNG images, and now
the top forty list is much more interesting. The new CD page is getting a
shitload of attention, which is very good, but the CD/http-ftp page is
the next in line which isn't very good.

The thing that most annoyed me is that the ports/i386 page got more than
five thousand hits just this month. Note to self: when making a list, never
put silly things at the start even if they are logical. Some people simply
tend to click the first item whatever the hell it is. (Cf. softlinks in
Everything2 where the same thing happens over and over)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.