Re: questions on webwml/english/templete/debian/cdimage.wml

Hi,

At Sat, 12 Jan 2002 14:33:17 +0100,
Denis Barbier wrote:

> In fact, dependencies in CD/vendors/Makefile are wrong because index.wml has
> been changed.  I am going to fix English and Japanese Makefiles, but do not
> know if all languages should be updated, since some translations are outdated.

Now it works well, though I don't know which modification (Makefile,
usage of · in English message, or usage of JIS 2byte character
instead of "|" in Japanese message) was important.

"jigdo" -> "jingo" was a typo.  I fixed it.

Thank all of you for your discussions.

BTW, usage of non-ASCII characters are not recommended even if
the character is expressed using entity.  This is because text-
based browser cannot display it.  For example, read "This page
is available in the following languages" in
http://www.debian.org/index.en.html using text-based browsers
like lynx and w3m.  Without ASCII transliteration of Ellinika,
Russkij, Hangul, Nihongo, and so on, west-European-and-American
people cannot read them.  Usage of ISO-8859-1-range characters
means the same thing for Asian people.  Thus, usage of non-ASCII
(ISO-8859-1, Cyrillic, Greek, Kanji,...) should be avoided (even
using entity) unless usage of these characters is very important
and it is better to be completely unreadable than using ASCII
transliteration.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/