Re: HTML syntax errors

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 06:04:41PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://people.debian.org/~barbier/validate/en contains a list of errors
> reported by an HTML validator (wdg-html-validator) for all English pages
> except /doc/manuals/ and /releases/.
> Do we want to fix those syntax errors?

There is a single error in Bugs/index.en.html I didn't look into.

Almost all are in the News directory. the Weekly News is particulary bad.

There are a few in consultants, wnpp, international and searchtmpl

There are quite a number of problems in doc/maint-guide and
doc/developers-reference

I have no idea what the author intended with the html for the following:
** Errors validating /org/www.debian.org/www/ports/alpha/news.en.html: ***
Line 255, character 26:  document type does not allow element "DIV" here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON" start-tag

ports/powerpc/inst/apus.en.html and ports/powerpc/inst/prep.en.html
have a tag <prgn>. No idea what that is.

ports/powerpc/inst/install.en.html includes lines like the following:
A little strange, but anything wrong with an empty row?

I didn't touch ports/hurd.

I believe I fixed all the other errors.

--
James (Jay) Treacy