Re: HTML syntax errors

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 06:04:41PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://people.debian.org/~barbier/validate/en contains a list of errors
> reported by an HTML validator (wdg-html-validator) for all English pages
> except /doc/manuals/ and /releases/.
> Do we want to fix those syntax errors?

The validator has some problems:
*** Errors validating /org/www.debian.org/www/mirror/ftpmirror.en.html: ***
Line 148, character 76:  general entity "content-type" not defined and no default entity
and
*** Errors validating /org/www.debian.org/www/security/2001/dsa-080.en.html: ***
Line 100, character 81:  general entity "aid" not defined and no default entity
Line 100, character 92:  general entity "group" not defined and no default entity
Line 100, character 106:  general entity "atid" not defined and no default entity

In partners/index.en.html, the author wants to use a <p> in a list. Just
change them to <br>? You really should be able to have paragraphs in a
list.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org