Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by barbier: webwml/english/template/debian cdimage.wml

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 04:40:28PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > Why?
> >
> > I wondered whether they are intentional. If so, toplevel
> > navigation bar should be duplicated at the bottom in order for the
> > links to be translatable.
>
> Oh, that. They're not translatable on purpose -- at least, I'm not
> sure how we'd manage to translate them that short in all the
> languages... Richard?

The links are intentional. Replicating the whole navbar at the bottom
wouldn't look that nice IMHO - what's wrong with two different types
of navigation?

Enabling people to translate the navbar entries would be nice. I
already mentioned to Josip that I could come up with a Gimp script to
create the graphics, if necessary.

Hopefully the translators will manage to come up with relatively short
translations. But that's their problem! ;-P

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _