Re: Converting the template file to xhtml

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 04:12:51AM +0100, peter karlsson wrote:
> Josip Rodin:
> > Some old Netscapes don't grok mdash. Not sure about others, though
> > the reason is probably similar.
>
> In the case of Netscape, I think it only applies to 3.x and earlier,
> so I don't think it should cause many problems changing it not to
> substitute the characters.

No way! Netscape _4.77_ understands *none* of those entities! Please
don't disable the substitution.

BTW, when referenced by decimal or hex value, the entities do work (in
the sense that the characters are approximated with ISO-8859-1
characters). E.g. ” doesn't work, but ” or ” does.

  Richard

--
  __   _
  ¯ ´` ¯