Re: Converting the template file to xhtml

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 03:29:24PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> I have mostly converted the template files as per the previous
> discussion. Just a few comments:
>
> template/debian/weekly/ wasn't touched (plan to do it later)
>
> there are some <p> in the template files. I didn't create corresponding </p>
>
> I won't be able to touch this until after Christmas and didn't want to
> commit something that may have errors in it, so I put the
> modified files in http://people.debian.org/~treacy/templates/ .
> If anyone has the time to deal with any mistakes, feel free to grab them
> and do the commit. If not, I'll deal with them when I get back.

Hi Jay,

looks good, I'll carefully check and commit them in a couple of days if nobody
does this before.

While we are on templates, Peter asked why there are entities substitutions
in basic.wml l.126:
  [[s/&mdash;/--/g]] [[s/&ndash;/-/g]] [[s/&[lr]dquo;/"/g]] [[s/&lsquo;/`/g]] [[s/&rsquo;/'/g
Does someone remember why this was needed?

Happy holidays to you.

Denis