Re: Ports disappeared from www.debian.org?

> (Before you complain, I didn't pick that confusing term for the section
> name.)

how about if you give us some ideas of what you think might be a better
name?

If it doesn't fit under one of the existing headings, does it make sense
to have an "Architecture" heading and just go ahead and list all the
ports under that?

> I thought about adding it below Developers' Corner link, but some of the
> port pages are to be used by normal users, not only developers.

doesn't sound quite right imo.

alternatively i think listing it under "About" may be appropriate too.

> Yes, though our port pages are in general somewhat suboptimal to be
> highlighted :| The introductory page deserves mention, of course, but not
> pages that have a "News" section from 1999, and those that are just generic
> stuff. <sigh>

again, not being familiar with what the webmasters have done in the
past, can you give us some ideas of what would bring the pages up to par
with what you consider "optimal"? I wouldn't mind spending some time to
help get these into better shape if that's what is needed.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/