Re: Moving euro to the front page?

    Javier> 	Well I'm more or less asking if other people feel too
    Javier> that this should be shown prominently in the front web
    Javier> page...

Although I am a (pseudo) European also, I think not.

First off, the Euro sign is a detail as far as using Debian goes, even
for European users.  It can probably be compared with generating
characters like æ, ø, å, ä, ö, ü, ß, etc - except, of course, that it
is a new sign.

Second of all, the 'euro-support' package is not part of a stable (or
even testing) distribution yet.

Third, having it on the front page "permanently" would make this a
euro-centric distribution.  We want to keep the front page as generic
as possible, no?

Why not make some of the documentation from the 'euro-support' package
available via the Debian web site as well, and then announce the
explicit support (if any) like any other news event?

Just my 0.022 euros worth.

--
Får i ulveklær