Re: Upstream Developers

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 14:09:17 -0500
"James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 01:38:28PM -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 00:00:47 -0500 "James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org>
> > wrote:
> The same applies: if people want information about upstream to appear on
> the package web pages then that information needs to be made available
> in a known place in a canonical form so it can be easily parsed.
>
> Before anyone points out that the location for the source should already
> appear in the copyright file, please take a look at a number of
> copyright files and you'll quickly realize that you would need an AI in
> order to grab the correct information (when it is even available).
hmmm, I don't know, creating an upstream-info file would be overkill just
to put a website address in there, debian/control doesn't seem approppriate
to me

I feel

in the debian/control file would be something to think about, the parser would
only analyze the source's package debian/copyright... are there packages
with multiple debian/copyright's on the source package?

upstream's and debian's changelogs are also very usefull at the web pages
but I know there are already bugs filled asking for that

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |