Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by joey: webwml/polish/News Makefile weekly/Makefile we ...

Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 05:54:48AM -0700, Debian WWW CVS wrote:
> > CVSROOT:	/cvs/webwml
> > Module name:	webwml
> > Changes by:	joey	01/10/09 05:54:48
> >
> > Added files:
> > 	polish/News    : Makefile
> > 	polish/News/weekly: Makefile index.wml
> >
> > Log message:
> > 	This list is only a forward of <fhs-discuss@ucsd.edu>.
> >
> > 	The canonical FTP site for the FHS project and mailing list is:
> >
> > 	  ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/docs/linux-standards/fsstnd/
> >
> > 	The FHS editor is Daniel Quinlan <Daniel.Quinlan@linux.org>.  If you
> > 	have any general questions about this project, you can mail them to
> > 	him.
> >
> > 	The private directory is:
> >
> > 	  ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/docs/linux-standards/private/fsstnd
> >
> > 	Please note two things.  First, the "private" in the directory name is
> > 	there for a reason.  This draft is a working document, and is not
> > 	intended for general public release yet.  Please do not post it to the
> > 	net, mail it to people who are not on this mailing list, or conduct
> > 	discussions about it in a public forum other than this mailing list.
> > 	Second, discussion on this list has been going on for a very long time
> > 	now.  Many issues have been raised, and dropped for one reason or
> > 	another.  We suggest you sit back and watch the discussion for a bit
> > 	before posting your ideas about how to arrange the filesystem
> > 	hierarchy.
> >
> > 				       ABSTRACT
> >
> > 	The open and distributed process in which the Linux operating system
> > 	has developed fosters rapid growth of the operating system,
> > 	applications, and integrated distributions.  Yet, there exists a need
> > 	for standardization of the Linux filesystem structure.  This document
> > 	aims to specify standard locations of files and directories in Linux
> > 	systems.  A standardized filesystem structure allows users,
> > 	developers, and distributors to obtain system components from various
> > 	sources that will work together as smoothly as if they had been
> > 	developed under a centralized development process.  It also eases
> > 	system administration, development of second and third party packages,
> > 	and the writing of implementation independent documentation.
>
> Errr... WTF?

Oh... somebody not on #-devel noticed that...  This happens if I
receive too many interrupts and forget the editor to save the changelog
file before committing.  Well...  I've noticed immediately and changed
it to something useful.  I know that my scheduler is quite bad but I
don't have a better one.

Regards,

	Joey

--