Re: hello

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 10:16:44AM -0400, Comserver@aol.com wrote:
> Can you please answer me a question.
> I just installed debian 2.2. The debian server is connected to the local network. It is also con
> figured to be webserver.
> The IP address and Gateway addres is setup inside /etc/network
>
> The problem is, I can not ping the server from outside the local LAN. Pinging in the local LAN is fine.
>
> Can you please tell me the reason ?
 * Double check your gateway address, it sounds like it is wrong.
 * Check that this outside machine can ping other things inside your
   LAN.
 * If none of that works, subscribe to debian-user (see
   http://lists.debian.org/ for information ), this email list is for
   the webmaster who look after the Debian website.

   - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>