Re: Web page DNS hack

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 03:28:48PM +1000, Leigh Morresi wrote:
> 	Umm something wierd's happening, when i visit
> http://packages.debian.org/apagethatdoesnotexist.html I get an error
> message (404) from an IIS Server!
You must have some wierdness between you and the webserver, sounds like
some moronic Microsoft proxy thing.

I tried just then and it worked fine.

> When i punch in just  http://packages.debian.org/ I get redirected to a
> YOUR.COM server?!?!
                                        Debian GNU/Linux -- Packages (p1
of 5)

                              Debian Project

   Select a server near you:
   [www.debian.org] Go

   About Debian News Distribution Support Developers' Corner Search

                                   Packages

That looks fine.

> 	Have you guys heard of this happening before? its wierd.
We'd be getting more than just your email if we started running IIS ;)

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>