Re: User's cgi scripts?

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 07:02:26PM +0100, Jaime E . Villate wrote:
> We've been translating into spanish all package descriptions, using a web
> interface with html forms and some perl cgi scripts that update the
> translations database. Now that several other teams have started translating
> descriptions using grisu's mail interface, I'd like to make our web interface
> available in www.debian.org for those who'd rather use an html form instead of
> a mail interface (I'll try to combine both methods).

the combination is not a problem:

send only an mail with a attachment in this form:

! From: <mail@host.com>
!  1. part orig description
!  .
!  2. part orig description
! Description-es: translated description
!  1. part translated description
!  .
!  2. part translated description

to grisu-td@auric.debian.org

(after I have add '-es' on the server)

> I could create some pages in www.debian.org/~villate
> but I can't find out whether Debian developers are allowed to use cgi scripts
> and where they should go.

IMHO we (the normal maintainers) can't use cgi-scripts on the user pages... or?

Gruss
Grisu
"I knew I was the best programmer in the world. Every 21-year-old programmer
 knows that."        -- Linus Torvalds