WNPP (was: webwml failed)

Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > translating devel/wnpp/ sounds like a bad idea.
> >
> > Well, but it's done already:
> >
> > klecker!joey(pts/8):/org/www.debian.org/webwml> find -name being_adop*
> > ./english/devel/wnpp/being_adopted.en.html
> > ./spanish/devel/wnpp/being_adopted.es.html
> > ./swedish/devel/wnpp/being_adopted.html
> > ./swedish/devel/wnpp/being_adopted.sv.html
>
> Um, whatever... I just had a look. Make dies in german/devel/wnpp because
> the makefile has a bug - it expects that the wnpp.wml file is translated.
> And frankly, I'm not too eager to fix such a bug since there's absolutely no
> point in only translating useless little pages such as unable-to-package.wml
> in that dir, while skipping the real stuff such as wnpp.wml.
>
> I'd throw in a remark about volunteer != dilettante here, but you'd all just
> flame me. :|

I noticed that these pages are available in several languages, but they
are not translated yet.  There are no multilingual links at the bottom anyway.

Plan for improvement:

 1. split wnpp.wml into several files
 2. understand wnpp.pl
 3. teach wnpp.pl to use slices or other ways to be multilingual
 4. include it into wnpp.wml

Alternative:

 1. understand wnpp.pl
 2. teach wnpp.pl to use slices or other ways to be multilingual

Comments?

Regards,

	Joey

--
All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory...
	-- Larry Wall