on web mirrors

Hi,

I thought people might want to know some things about how the web page
mirrors have improved recently.

The automatic mirroring process starts every six hours on www-master, to
sites in these countries:

  * Great Britain
      * Italy
      * Russia
  * Australia
  * South Africa
  * Germany
      * Spain
      * Turkey
      * Austria
  * Japan
      * Hong Kong
      * Indonesia
  * Poland
  * Denmark
  * Brazil

The following mirrors mirror daily from www-master:

  * Korea
  * France
  * Bulgaria
  * China

We will gradually remove more and more of the European mirrors[1] and try to
get sponsors for mirrors in poorer countries[2].

I would encourage all Debian web site viewers that are closer to a mirror
than to www.debian.org to use the mirror. Your browsing experience should
only improve. :)

CC:ing to DWN, thought you guys might want to mention this in the next issue.
Maybe we should even make a whole -news post for this?

[1] Hungarian mirror was removed, and I hope to settle removal of the Dutch
    mirror soon.
[2] Esp. saddening is the fact that there isn't a single web mirror in the
    South America nor in India.