Re: RFC: navbar changes...

On Wed, 30 May 2001, joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 01:35:41PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
>> - I think the empty space between the debian logo and the 'select a
>> mirror' thing is too big. It might look better if the logo were a
>> bit more on the right. Not a \hfill\logo\hfill\mirror\hfill, but
>> more a \hspace{10%}\logo\hfill\mirror. But that's a personal
>> opinon, of course.
>
> Well, it's made so that one thing is on the right and one is on the
> left, like a symmetry. And, if we add spacing we would risk wrapping
> the table on small resolutions :)

Not really as top box already uses quite much space horizontally.

>> An unrelated comment: - The left box list would look better (IMHO)
>> if we populated a bit the 'Developers' corner' part with some
>> subitems.
>
> Well, I think the purpose of that is that the front page is to be
> aimed at users, and that everything that's for developers only
> should be in the developers' corner.

So, maybe if more space is really needed in top box, "Development"
link could be removed?  Left box's link to Developer's Corner would be
enough then.

IMHO, good detail in your's proposition is that it doesn't have blue
box around contact information, plain white is better because it
doesn't grab readers attention.

Without going to details in lay out such as logo's place, I liked your
proposition.  Changes are useful and my guess is that usability
improves in those.

--
Tommi Vainikainen