Re: automatic generation of html's - or not?

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 07:13:28PM +0100, Jaime E . Villate wrote:
> This means you should make sure the pages you commit can be correctly
> processed by wml, before you commit them. To check them, you should install
> the most recent version of wml (2.0.6), then use "make" and see that the html
> pages are created and give the result you expected; you can then use "make
> clean" (never commit any of the html pages generated with make!).
you could do it just like me, I keep the following directories:
webwml/ build/ debian.org/
I use webwml to translate and use cvs, build to build the pages and
debian.org is the generated page, wich I linked to my /var/www
cause I like to have access to the html pages while translating or
checking what to translate... that's an option...

> By the way, can I give you a hand with the Portuguese translation? I speak
> continental Portuguese so together we may come out with translations
> acceptable both in Brazil and Portugal, rather than having to branch out pt_br
> and pt_pt.
Hey Jaime, why don't you join us in the debian-user-portuguese@lists.debian.org
mailing list? We have a project called Debian-BR, but that's just a name
as we have many portuguese people in it... you're of course welcome to help
us with the work we're doing =)

take a look at: http://debian-br.sourceforge.net

> Greetings,
> Jaime