Re: Linux -> GNU/Linux on related_links.wml

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 10:30:17PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Gustavo Noronha Silva (KoV) wrote:
> >
> > I translated it as GNU/Linux cause I think it is The Right
> > Thing(tm) and I suggest the english page is modified...
>
> FWIW, I'd suggest you also update the original.

The way I have been handling this is to use Debian GNU/Linux
when it is appropriate (mostly at the beginning of documents
and in anything official, like the DFSG). For eveything else,
I simply use Debian. Writing out the full name every time is
rather silly and repetitious. Debian can stand on its own.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org