Re: [alertbox@nngroup.com: Alertbox: Corporate Websites Get a 'D' in PR]

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 11:39:55PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox for April 1 is now online at:
> >   http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20010401.html
> >
> > Corporations spend millions on PR, and yet the press sections of their
> > websites often fail to meet journalists' most basic information needs.
> > In our recent usability study, journalists found answers to only 60% of
> > their questions across a range of corporate sites.
>
> We can use some of that advice for Debian as well...

It looks like most of those ideas apply to non-corporate web sites, like
ours, it's just that we need to focus on appeasing the average user, not
the average journalist :)

Also, if nothing else, our site is not overloaded with graphics, which
I think makes it far nicer than any of those ten sites they said they've
reviewed.