Re: homepages on devel/people

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 12:56:02AM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:

> So about one tenth of maintainers will have an additional mentioning of
> their name with the home page link... fixes welcome, it's in
> /org/www.debian.org/cron/scripts_weekly/people/people.pl

This is one of the reasons I've wanted a single db for developer
information that includes packages maintained. The current system is
quite bad. Besides an individuals name being different in the db from
their packages (and often different between packages. Just check the
number of special cases in that perl script), many have different
email addresses. This makes it nearly impossible to correlate the
different sources of information.

Until something sensible is devised, I'm not touching this one.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org