Re: klecker.debian.org

On Sat, Oct 21, 2000 at 12:49:51PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > I was talking to elmo and shaleh on IRC about klecker having a FTP mirror
> > the other day. I suggested remotely mounting download.sourceforge.net's
> > archive because it's just one hop away, but they didn't like it because that
> > machine may move to another network so NFS-mounting wasn't a good idea.
>
> I assume these are for the Packages interface?

Mostly for that, yes.

> Could you put this on it's own domain and we will run it on master for
> now,

Hm, I guess we can do that. You'd first have to
	chgrp debwww /org/packages.debian.org{,/apache.conf}
	chmod g+w /org/packages.debian.org{,/apache.conf}
on master. Joey keeps the mail interface files there, so the permissions are
different.

> and later on auric using a PHP script and the new pool SQL database?

Yeah, although that way we will lose ability to have mirrors for it...

> > So, a FTP mirror on klecker seems a reasonable solution.
>
> I really don't want to waste that much space if we can advoid it ..

That was my original opinion, but hey, it's only ~40% of klecker.d.o's 46GB,
and I don't know what else would need more space than what would be left...

BTW is the CVS server moving back to klecker?