Re: Searching has moved: http://search.debian.org/

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 08:55:56AM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:
> One thing I thought about is that if you search in a translation, you only
> get the subset of pages that has actually been translated to that language.
> Perhaps we should add some note at the end of search results for a
> non-English search saying that one should try searching in English if
> nothing relevant was found?
Easy to do, i think the thingy is noresults in search.def, change that
container and there you go.  You can select "all languages" if you like.
The page as shipped actually defaults to that but I added a feature to
default on your language.

> Also, the links presented have the .language.html suffix, do you think it
> would be possible to chop them off? If you browse through the regular pages
> and then go to the search, it would be nice if all the pages that you
> actually visited are marked as visited, which they aren't now because of
> that suffix.
Ah I see.  I may be able to do something like that, probably just
a matter of a ereg_replace or something.

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>