Re: german/releases/* isn't built correctly

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 02:55:18PM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 03:36:38PM +0200, Thimo Neubauer wrote:
> > I've updated everything in the german/releases/ section on
> > friday. Unfortunately, make doesn't seem to see my changes. I've
> > already checked CVS, the correct version of potato/index.wml is
> > checked in but the page is still unchanged (and horribly out of date).
> >
> There is no file german/releases/potato/index.wml in cvs.
> I added the woody to german/releases/Makefile so it would be
> built.

Now this is strange, because CVS told me when I asked him with cvs
status that the file was perfectly checked in. Now it seems that I am
too silly to resurrect a file :( On cvs.d.o, the file ist still dead:

va:/usr/var/cvs/webwml/webwml/german/releases/potato/Attic> ls
index.wml,v

Unfortunately, inside this is the newest revision (1.5). But if I try
to add index.wml in the actual branch, I get:

aylee releases/potato> cvs add index.wml
cvs server: index.wml added independently by second party
aylee releases/potato> cvs commit index.wml
cvs commit: use `cvs add' to create an entry for index.wml
cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!

Otherwise, I can check the file out without problems with a cvs
update, but then status tells me:

aylee releases/potato> cvs status index.wml
File: index.wml         Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.5
   Repository revision: 1.5     /cvs/webwml/webwml/german/releases/potato/Attic/index.wml,v
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)

which looks like all further changes will go into the version in the
Attic. What should I do and what is the right way to resurrect files?
(yes, I read the CVS-infofiles but they suck)

Confused
     Thimo

--
Thimo Neubauer <thimo@debian.org>