Re: glimpse sucks.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 10:46:07AM +1100, Craig Small wrote:
> > Craig, what's happening to udmsearch, can we switch to that?
>
> It's working well, now that we have fixed some wierd postgresql uses
> /tmp error.

Good!

> I'm not too happy with the index/website ratio, it doesn't understand
> two-character charsets currently also.

This is a showstopper, as we have 2 old and 2 new Chinese lists in the
archive. :/ It would be very bastardish to leave those lists with Glimpse.
Then again, I'm not sure Glimpse works fine with those lists, being so old,
made in a rather i18n-deprived times... Can someone confirm that searching
-chinese-* lists produces correct output, please? (Anthony?)

> You want to switch, I can make the changes.  We can make the entire
> mail list indexing orthogonal to the website ones or we can join them.

Making it orthogonal would be better in any case.