Re: permissions in ~debian/lists on master

Remco van de Meent - Debian Listmaster wrote:
> Joost Kooij wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please look into the permissions in master:~debian/lists.
> >
> > Several directories have weird modes, like no x bits set.
> > As a result, I can not access many of the list archives.

Corrected.

> > Are these the main list archives?  I hope not, because at
> > least the debian-bugs-dist archive seems to be very
> > incomplete.  Who maintains these archives?  listmaster?

It's the main and permanent archive of the lists, yes.

The web archive is a different issue, not related to this.

It's unclear whose authority it is since I introduced that archive,
I guess.  This makes it either a listmaster- debian-admin- or
Joey-task.

> > I see there are several bugs on bugs.debian.org/listarchives
> > but packages.debian.org/listarchives gives little help.
> >
> > The bugs look nasty btw.  Should I offer assistance?
>
> I haven't looked into the list archives.
>
> There've been a couple of messages on debian-www indicating that the
> debwww team is going to maintain the archives (at least the web
> archives). The search engine should work again soon and a lot of bugs

This has been another hickup...  It's also unclear who maintains
it and bugs get moved between Guy, Webteam and Listmaster until
*somebody* fixes them, or nobody...

> There are mbox files for a lot of lists on master in
> /debian2/org/lists.debian.org/lists, maybe those are more complete?

Doh, what's that?

Hmm, intersting... another archive.. dunno where it is from...

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi