Re: lists archives | disk space

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 12:57:02AM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
> > The lists archives aren't quite in a happy state right now, being run from
> > ~maor, nobody but Guy and the admins can edit/fix anything. So I asked james
> > to make /org/lists.debian.org, writable to debwww people, and copied
> > ~maor/debian-lists there and changed all (hopefully all) paths in files to
> > point to the new location. I'll see if I can get other files moved over
> > there, too.
>
> Great. This is something I've been dreading doing.

Me too, actually :)

In the meantime, Cesar Mendoza has been accepted as a developer, and I think
we'll be able to complete the transition in a day or two. I'll keep you
posted (or bug you to use your admin powers to change stuff when we need it :)

Actually, there's already something I need you (as admin) to do: change all
files in /org/www.debian.org/lists.debian.org that don't have debwww group
or g+w permissions to have it (both :). I can't test the changes without
that.

(Alternatively, I'll ask another admin, if I can find one)

> > The last number is also a bit deceiving, since the static BTS pages are
> > included in there, and they should get moved out to bugs.debian.org, too:
> >
> > [joy@master:~/web]% du -ks debian.org/Bugs
> > 421998  debian.org/Bugs
>
> I believe that the bug lists are moving to pure dynamic generation.
> If this is true, then we will be able to get rid of the non-static
> parts of Bugs/, i.e. everything not generated from wml.

Yes, the static pages regeneration has been stopped if I heard correctly. I
think the debbugs people are still trying to implement per-maintainer and
per-severity index files etc using dynamic scripts instead of static HTMLs.
Once that is done, the static pages will, presumably, be removed completely.

I think gecko is on vacation now; I'll have to ask doogie or aj for more
details on this.